It is starting to get pretty warm where we live, and that only means one thing. Fireflies will start coming out!
Who doesn’t like to see these little bugs lightning up?
It kind of feels magical if you ask me.
And kids love it. In fact, they can get a bit obsessed with them even when picking books to read at bedtime.
Some of their favorite titles include The Very Loney Firefly, How to Survive as a Firefly, and Sam and the firefly.
Of course, we couldn’t miss this chance to make a craft too.
So, today, we are combining our love for these insects with our love for books by making a cute firefly corner bookmark.
This easy summer firefly craft is perfect for home, school, or summer camp.
Plus, kids of almost all ages can make them, which is ideal when you are working with a mixed group. The only abilities required are cutting and gluing.
They are super simple and a big hit with the little ones.
Want to learn how to make your own?
Just scroll down below.
How to Make a Firefly Corner Bookmark
In this post, I’ll teach you how to make an adorable firefly bookmark to keep your books glowing.
You can find the written step-by-step instructions and also a video tutorial in case you learn better by watching.
Remember that you can get the printable template at the end of this post.
Supplies To Make Your Firefly Bookmark
To make this cute firefly, the only materials you will need are:
- Firefly bookmark template (get it here or at the end of this post)
- White paper
- Glue Stick
Firefly Bookmark Instructions
- Print your bookmark template on regular white paper.
- Cut out all of your pieces. You’ll end up with a square and two wings.
- Take the square piece and fold it in half along the diagonals. Make sure you keep the firefly illustration on one side of the triangle.
- Flip your triangle over to have the firefly facing down.
- Fold the bottom left and right corners to the top and unfold them again.
- Bring the top corner of the top layer toward the bottom of the triangle.
- Put the left and right corners inside the pocket you created in the step above.
- Glue the wings on top of your bookmark.
- Cut out the white parts around the head of the firefly.
Your firefly bookmark is ready to light up your favorite books!
Video Tutorial – Firefly Bookmark Craft
If you are having trouble putting together your firefly bookmark, here is a video tutorial that will walk you through all the steps.
You can also find this tutorial on my Youtube channel. To watch it there, just click here.
Firefly Bookmark Template
Ready to craft these cute bookmarks with your kids?
Click the link below to grab the firefly bookmark template!
But that is not all!
You will also get three additional bug bookmark templates that will make your kids fall in love with their books again.
What are you waiting for? Craft these bug bookmarks today!
*Please remember that these printables are for personal use only. You may not sell, share, or distribute the files.
More Bug Bookmarks
Check the tutorials to assemble the other bookmarks included in our Bug Bookmarks Collection:
- Butterfly Bookmarks
- Dragonfly Bookmarks
- Bee Bookmarks