We decided to get crafty on a rainy day and bring brightness, warmth, and joy to our home by making this cute paper plate sunflower craft!
These cheerful sunflowers are perfect for making with your kids during Summer or Fall, as sunflowers bloom in both seasons.
They are super easy to make and require very few materials that I’m sure you have readily available at home or in your classroom.
We made this sunflower craft especially with toddlers, preschoolers, and kindergarten-aged kids in mind. It provides plenty of opportunities to practice fine motor skills, scissor skills, and hand-eye coordination.
You can also use it as a resource to talk about the parts of a flower, work on math skills by counting the petals, or make it after reading some sunflower books.
Ready to bring the sunshine indoors?
Let’s make these adorable sunflowers!
How To Make A Paper Plate Sunflower Craft
In this post, you can find a list of supplies needed to make this craft and download the free printable sunflower template to simply recreate it with us.
Then, discover a detailed tutorial + quick video showing how to make a paper plate sunflower, like ours, with your kids.
- Sunflower Paper Plate Template (get it at the end of this post)
- Paper Plate (I highly recommend using a small 6 inches one)
- Red, yellow, and blue paint
- Mixing palette or any surface to mix your paint
- Glue stick
- White cardstock and printer
- Start by covering your crafting area with some scrap paper, as it can get messy with the paint.
- Help your kids mix red, yellow, and blue paint to create brown and paint the paper plate.
- Download the template, print it, and cut out the petals, eyes, and mouth.
- Once the paint has dried, glue the yellow sunflower petals evenly spaced to the back of the paper plate.
- Glue the orange petals in between the yellow ones.
- Stick the eyes to the middle of the paper plate.
- Finish your sunflower by gluing the mouth right below the eyes.
These paper plate sunflowers are ready to soak up the sun!
Watch this video tutorial to see exactly how we made this craft and how to recreate it with your kids.
You can take a look now or save it on Youtube for later!
Paper Plate Sunflower Template
Isn’t this such a fun craft to make this fall?
If you loved it too, click the link below to download the template and start making your own sunflower paper plate craft with your kids!
But first, keep in mind that there are two versions of the sunflower template included. The first one is perfect for 6 or 7 inches plates, and the second is ideal for 9 or 10 inches paper plates.
Select and print the one that fits your paper plates better.
Did you make these sunflower paper plates with your kids or students?
We want to see how they turned out! So share a picture with us on Instagram by tagging @theprintablesfairy.
*Please remember that these printables are for personal use only. You may not sell or distribute the files. If you want to share them, please link to this post and not directly to the PDF files.