We decided to make these Jack O’ Lantern bookmarks to go along with a Halloween book we read and enjoyed a lot.
The book in question is Jack O’ Lantern’s Scary Halloween by Robert Kraus, which is a great book for young children. It narrates, in a not-spooky way, how Jack and his friends spend Halloween.
But if your children are older, say 3rd grader or more, you can read The Story of the Jack O’Lantern by Katherine Tegen. It explains the Halloween traditions in a darker way and has beautiful illustrations.
I recommend reading one of those books before making these papercrafts.
These pumpkin bookmarks are also the perfect Halloween classroom activity since you only need a few supplies, and can be easily transformed into a Harvest time craft by making your own “cute” cardstock faces and gluing them on top!
- Pumpkin Bookmark Template. Get it here right now!
- Glue Stick
How to Fold the Jack O’Lantern corner bookmark
Here is a video on how to make these pumpkin corner bookmarks. But if you prefer written instructions, just read down below.
Pumpkin Bookmark Instructions
1. Print your template on white paper and cut out the square.
2. Make a diagonal fold making sure you get both parts of the pumpkin on the same side.
3. Flip over your triangle.
4. Fold the side corners to meet the top.
5. Open the side corners again and fold the top corner down.
6. Turn the side corners inside the pocket.
7. Flatten your pumpkin.
8. Cut the stem and glue it under the pumpkin face.
Your Jack O’ Lantern corner bookmark is ready to be put inside a book!
And if you’d like to transform it into a Thanksgiving craft, as I mentioned before, simply draw a happier mouth on black cardstock, cut and glue it on top of the scary one.
Download this Jack O’ Lantern Template along with 3 other Halloween bookmark templates by clicking the link below.
*This printable template was free for a limited time only.