Fall is here and with it come many fun activities. This time, learn how to make an easy turkey corner bookmark.
This simple Thanksgiving Day craft is the perfect origami project for kids, and it will also encourage them to read more!
As a bonus perk, it is a mess-free craft that requires very few materials that I’m sure you already have at home.
And it can be made by kids of all ages as it’s pretty easy.
Let’s start folding!
What do you need
- Turkey Bookmark Template (Download it at the end of the post)
- White paper
How to make a Turkey Corner Bookmark
Watch the video below for an easy tutorial on how to make these turkey corner bookmarks.
Or keep reading for a step-by-step explanation.
1. Download and print the turkey bookmark template.
2. Cut the square and fold it into a triangle making sure both parts of the turkey are on the same side. Crease well.
3. Turn the triangle over and fold the right corner towards the middle. Do the same with the left corner.
4. Unfold both corners and fold the top layer of the triangle to the bottom.
5. Tuck the flaps that we created in step 3 into the pocket created in step 4.
6. Cut the five feathers included in your template.
7. Glue the feathers behind the bookmark starting with the yellow in the middle, followed by the orange feathers, and the red ones.
Your turkey bookmark is ready to start gobbling on your favorite fall book!
Whether you are looking for a simple Thanksgiving craft or a cute fall activity for your kids, these turkey corner bookmarks will come in handy.
Don’t forget to download your template below.
CLICK TO DOWNLOAD THE TURKEY BOOKMARK TEMPLATE
*Please remember that these printables are for personal use only. You may not sell or distribute the files. If you want to share them, please link to this post and not directly to the PDF files.
16 thoughts on “Turkey Corner Bookmarks”
Thank you, these are very cute and the children will love these turkeys, tonight at church childcare. (class of 6-8 children) We are talking about gratefulness. I am grateful you are creative and giving to the community! 🙂
Thank you, Andrea! Hope all the kids enjoy this craft.
These are great! Thank you for making it easy to make for my students. I am putting the turkeys in the book we will start reading in a week! You have saved me hours of work!
I LOVE this! I’m a member of a non profit, MOMS Club, and we want to make these with the kids for Origami Day next month. I only have a black and white printer so I was wondering if you had a black and white “coloring book” version? Or do you mind if I trace it to make my own?
I’m sorry, Amanda, but I currently don’t have a black and white version of this bookmark. Also, you cannot trace it as that would be a copyright infringement.
Super easy love the idea
Thank you. I hope you made many turkeys, Yasmin!
I like the turkey bookmark video happy thanksgiving
I’m glad you like it, Elisa! Hope you could make many turkey bookmarks with this template.
This is so cool need to make more of them
I’m glad you like them!
Thank you so much. This activity is really creative!
Thanks, Noemí! I hope you have fun crafting this bookmark.
I like the activity so much
My daughter’s American Girl class made these. So cute!
Thanks Julie. I’m so happy that you enjoyed these turkey bookmarks!